The Nordic Master in Social Work and Welfare would like to welcome applications for the Fall 2018.
The University of Stavanger in Norway; Umeå University in Sweden and Aalborg University in Denmark combine our academic strengths to provide a state-of-the-art and tuition-free education, taught in English, within a Nordic equality and diversity context. Students spend one semester at each university and select among the institutions for the fourth semester thesis.
The Nordic Master in Social Work and Welfare application opens on February 1, 2018 and closes on March 1, 2018. Scholarships are available.
Throughout the master programme, students engage in the following:
- Monitoring innovation processes and comparing innovation in welfare services
- Identifying new ways to develop policies that promote equality and diversity
- Exploring power issues from both theoretical and experiences based perspectives
- Identifying empowerment strategies for increased user participation in welfare services
- Comparing social work in different contexts and countries and adapting best practices
- Developing new research approaches that focus on close collaboration between research, social work practice and service users – the practice research approach
- Semester 1 University of Stavanger, Norway
- Semester 2 Umeå University, Sweden
- Semester 3 Aalborg University, Denmark
- Semester 4 Any of the partner universities
Duration: 2 years
Credits: 120 ECTS
Tuition: No tuition fees
Language of instruction: English