The Less-Commonly-Taught Languages Center of the Department of Linguistics, University of Pittsburgh, seeks applications for one position of a non-tenure-stream Assistant Instructor for Swedish language instruction. The initial contract will run from September 1, 2016 through August 30, 2017.
– MA in Swedish, language teaching, linguistics, or a related field
– At least 3 years of experience teaching Swedish in an academic setting
– Native or near-native ability in Swedish
– Good command of spoken and written English
The position will have responsibility for teaching 27 credits per year. Some additional administrative responsibilities.
Salary and benefits:
– Access to Pitt’s retirement program and full medical benefits
– Salary range depends on qualifications and experience.
Apply at https://facultysearch.as.pitt.edu/apply/index/MTM5 by uploading a letter of application, a current CV, a teaching statement (including non-language courses you might be interested in teaching), proof of teaching effectiveness (e.g. student surveys, peer and supervisor reviews), and three letters of recommendation. Questions may be addressed to Dr. Claude Mauk, Director, Less-Commonly-Taught Languages Center (email@example.com)
Deadline: February 26, 2016
Women and members of minority groups that are underrepresented in academia are especially encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled